The regular abstract submission is closed!
Notification of acceptance or rejections of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email (please state your correct email address) in March 2017.
In order to standardise the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to carefully read the guidelines below. Abstracts that do not meet the below requirements will not be considered for reviewing.
Guidelines for preparation of abstracts
- Abstracts are to be submitted via the congress website only. Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please use UK English spelling and have your abstract proofread for grammar and understanding.
- Your abstract will be published as submitted.
- Please make sure that name, email, phone number and postal address of the corresponding author are complete and correct.
- Please structure your abstract using the following headings:
- The abstract text may not be longer than 2’500 characters (including spaces and acknowledgements, excluding authors’ names, title and disclosures).
- Abstracts must contain original material neither published nor presented elsewhere prior to 7 June 2017.
- Do not use abbreviations in the title. Limit their use to commonly used abbreviations and expand all abbreviations at first mention.
- If copy-pasting the abstract from a word file, please check all special characters appear in the right format.
- Tables, charts and other graphics may be used (max. 2) and must be in JPG format of high resolution and in black and white (max. 500 KB and pixel size 600 x 800)
- If your research has been granted any commercial or industrial support, you will be asked to disclose this during the submission. Please prepare a one sentence statement for this purpose.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference during abstract submission:
- poster presentation
- oral presentation
The Organizing & Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by email with the following information:
- reference number of your abstract (for inquiry and correspondence purposes)
- your personal user code and password
Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access codes.
If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact:
Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline on Tuesday, 24 January 2017.
- Each abstract will be reviewed by 3 external experts and then by the Organizing & Scientific Program Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejections of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email (please state your correct email address) in March 2017. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
- If an abstract is accepted, one author must attend the congress and present it in person. Acceptance of the abstract implies payment of the registration fee by the presenting author. Poster presenters must be present and stand by their posters during their assigned poster session.
Authors are requested to select a topic under which they wish their abstract to be reviewed. Please click here for an overview of the topics.